Friday, January 15, 2010

Taking Flight

I've made it halfway into the first month of the new year and I haven't yet abandoned all of my resolutions. That's pretty good for me.

Yesterday, I got up early enough to run two miles, shower and catch the bus with The Wife. We rode together as far as Watt and Kings Way (actually the Chenu stop since I was heading south on Watt). I got off there and walked across Watt to the Starbucks, where I settled down with my laptop and a cup of coffee to get some work done.

This is the second time I've tried this routine. The payoff is that I get more work done in a concentrated period and when I'm finished I get to take photos while I walk 2.5 miles home.

Just like the first time I tried this, the birds were the prize catch. But this time it was tiny birds.

The carrier landing . . .

Squabbling diners . . .

The dive . . .

The VTOL bird -- vertical takeoff and landing

The pole dance . . .

The sentinel . . .

I'm assuming these are all finches. If they are not finches, please leave a comment and let me know what type of birds these are.

Day 37 of 365

No comments: