Thursday, January 7, 2010

Drive-Thru Leftovers

This morning I'll be out at the Sunrise Mall helping out at the "Drive-Thru" H1Ni flu shot clinic. The clinic opens at 10 a.m. in the parking lot behind Sears and the county wants me and the other volunteers there by 8 a.m. They're expecting a big turnout judging from the crowd attracted to the parking lot at Florin Mall last month. The clinic is open until 2 p.m. and I expect I won't get home until nearly 4 p.m. so I've prepared some leftovers for dinner today.

My walkabout yesterday took me by a very large cactus that looks even bigger with the macro lens.

The phrase, "Get a grip," comes to mind.

Or perhaps, "Apple of my eye." Actually these remind me of the engines in the sand racers in Star Wars. Thank you for asking.

I walked by a house with plywood scraps layered inside two windows. The odd nature of the pattern caused more odd behavior and this was the result. Odd indeed.

I saw this really interesting bright red bush. Unfortunately, what the camera saw was so out of focus it made my eyes water. What do you do with the trash? You apply Glowing Edges! And then you apply plastic wrap through hard light and fade this and increase that and then you take a small fraction of the picture and pretend it's art. VoilĂ !

Day 29 of 365

No comments: