Saturday, January 23, 2010

After The Storms

This was just too good. An afternoon of big, fluffy clouds and a real sunset, the first since I began this 365-day photo shtick.

The first three were taken around 2 p.m. from the stadium parking lot at American River College.

I loved the stark contrast of the oak against the clouds.

Oaks in winter remind me of old men. Not frail, gray old men, but strong and heroic sentries who have watched for ages as time and seasons have come and gone.

The real value of the storm is the revelation of the beauty afterward.

And those photos would have been plenty, but then the sun started to set as The Wife and I were headed to the Cal-Expo Costco. I drove behind Costco into the lot next door and got out my camera. I don't go anywhere without it now.

I shot more than 100 photos in the time it took for the sun to set.

Birds flew by . . .
. . . and a plane sailed into the sunset.


Years ago when I was taking photos for my Digital Art Desktops website, I would go looking for shots like this, but I never captured what I was looking for. You can't manufacture this. You just have to be there at the right time.

Day 45 of 365

No comments: