Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nymphs, Cowhands, Blue Moons and a little animal life

My photographic plate runneth over. My bouquet of flowers spills from the vase. Soon there will be no room here for anything without pistils and stamen.

So today I bring you a brief respite.

on my walk yesterday I found this garden nymph seated in a bush. I love the muddy cheeks and feet.

Another roadside find: A cowhand! I found this next to the Pasadena and Pasadena bus stop. I don't know what that has to do with anything.

And, of course, the second full moon in a month is the blue moon. Give me five.

I was standing next to one of the redwoods in my front yard when I noticed a squawking sound. For some reason I first thought it was a seagull, but then I looked up and realized this is what was talking to me. No idea what he was saying or might have been trying to communicate. He wasn't alarmed at all when the camera flash went off.


And the biggest thrill of the day was capturing this macro shot of a ladybug. Don't get many shots this close and that sharp.

Day 50 of 365

No comments: