Saturday, January 9, 2010

One month down, 11 more to go

I stopped the other afternoon in the shopping center at Watt and Fair Oaks, parked the car and walked over to the sidewalk in front of the gas station on the corner. The light standard at the intersection had more than a dozen pigeons on it. Just seemed like something worth a photo. I waited for several minutes for one of the birds to fly away or another to land or anything, but they all just sat there. Later in the evening I drove by the same intersection. Not a bird in sight. Where do pigeons spend their nights?

The traffic was only marginally more interesting and then only after I applied a Photoshop photocopy filter and overlaid it on the original.

Since Jan. 9 marks the end of the first month, I return to the easy shots: Cats at play. Didn't have to drive anywhere today to get all the action I wanted.

Tomorrow I'll send you flowers.

Day 31 of 365

No comments: