Friday, January 1, 2010

A Rosy New Year

Happy New Year!

I've got a number of wishes for the New Year and a couple of goals. The wishes are mostly job-related. For goals, I'd like to run the 5K Komen Race For The Cure and the 10K Run To Feed The Hungry next Thanksgiving. I'd also like to get to 161 pounds and stay there, which would meet the goal I set in November. I just need to figure out how to avoid my recurring calf injuries and I should be fine.

For today's photos, I've picked roses at Town and Country Village's parking lot. The other day I was waiting for The Wife to finish some errands when I noticed the bushes. (It's amazing what you notice when you are looking for photographic opportunities.) The landscaping maintenance people must know something to pull off this many blooms in the dead of winter. I tried shooting early in the morning and late in the afternoon. Didn't make much difference since it was cloudy both times.





Day 23 of 365

No comments: