Monday, January 18, 2010

40 Days And 40 Nights

The storm that blew through town today chased me outside to see if I could catch the wind.

The huge trees in the front don't move much, but the stuff around them gets whipped about.

This long exposure attempts to capture the motion of the branches as the wind races through the trees.

For several minutes I set up my tripod on the floor of the garage. I had a real problem pressing the shutter release without jiggling the camera. Add to that the requirement that I release the shutter just as a car enters the frame and you begin to understand why I'm so excited about this photo.

And, of course, any effort that produces so many rejects is bound to create an equal number of opportunities to apply Photoshop's Glowing Edges filter which has become so ubiquitous around here.

In honor of The Wife, I'll toss in this Jimi Hendrix video:



Day 40 of 365

No comments: