Monday, December 28, 2009

Savings and Loan

I climbed out of bed and into my sweat clothes. I can't run yet. I'm saving that for my New Year's gift to myself. But I figure I can walk. At least I'd give it a try.

Yesterday, when I went for a morning walk the sun was starting to break through the clouds after a night of rain. I took my camera and soon found myself taking more photos than walking. I cut short the walk because I'd been out more than an hour and had not walked a mile.

When I looked out my office window this morning I could see I wasn't going to have that problem. Kodak moments would be unlikely in the fog.

I left the camera at home and walked the route I take for my 2.5 mile jog. I spotted a couple of locations that might make interesting photos if the sun comes out in the late afternoon. But for now, I've got some photos from yesterday's walk that I'll use today.

Call it my Savings and Loan. Bank on good days to cover the bad. Too bad it doesn't work that way with money.

A neighbor's gravel driveway with its fall blanket on a winter morning.

The after Christmas pre-sale on spring flowers.


Survivors of the storm.

Finally, a novelty treat.

The fruit of a strawberry tree

And a sweet Photoshop glowing edges treat.

Day 19 of 365

No comments: