Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Found Objects

The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something.
It is either an addiction or the effect of the cold medicine. I was too sick to get out of the house to take photos yesterday (although I was not too sick to harvest some ripe Honey-Dos). The cloudy day certainly didn't inspire any outdoor adventures. But the days continue one after the other and I'm feeling guilty for filling three days of photos with one day's photography.

I've got to wonder whether addictions are necessarily all bad. Maybe some are even necessary. Last night I wandered into my office and didn't leave for hours. Despite the ravages of the common cold, I found myself immersed in Photoshop's fascinating collection of filters and modes.

Ordinary became extraordinary and the surprise fed a need in me to do it again and again and again. I had taken photos of two items on my desk. An LED lamp and a bike light. The Photoshop junkie did the rest.





Nothing that's this much fun can be good for you.

Day 21 of 365

No comments: