Sunday, December 20, 2009

Not fair. Just not fair

I am having a devil of a time recovering from the injury to my left calf muscle. I stopped running for a week and then tried to run. I got 2 miles before I re-injured the calf. I took off another week and then tried again. This time I got just a mile before I had to stop.

Now I'm going to wait until New Year's Day.

Maybe I'll take some time to ride the bike in the interim. Work will be light between Christmas and New Year's. I'll have the time. But it's not the same.

I need to run. I need that feeling of exhaustion.

I've been using the Ab Lounge almost daily. I could hardly do 10 when I started, and I'm now I'm able to do 50 at a time. I work out while I wait for my coffee to steep four minutes in the French press. I figure the twice-a-day effort helps. But then I go a couple of days just sitting at my desk or driving The Wife around town.

I'm most afraid that I'll put on weight if I don't run. And now I am being tormented by people making cookies.

The Wife invited a couple over today to use the remodeled kitchen to make more than 10 dozen cookies. By the time they finished, the entire island was covered in cooling cookies.


I wanted to run away in fear for my waist but the calf injury . . .

Day 11 of 365

No comments: