Saturday, December 12, 2009

Learning how the camera works

I suppose I should not be surprised by the weather. After all, I did say my ambition would be to capture the light with my new camera.

No good intention goes unthwarted.

Clouds and rain for two days now. A blanket of gray attempting to smother everything. The lone bright spot remaining in my yard was these berries on a bush.


And when you let Photoshop find the glowing edges, there's plenty of light:


I spent some time trying the 70-300 lens macro feature but I wasn't happy with the result.

I understand that the depth of field was incredibly narrow, but none of the edges, even those supposedly in focus, are razor sharp. Low light, cheap lens, slight breeze -- adds up to disappointment.

Day 3 of 365 and the whining begins.

No comments: