Saturday, December 26, 2009

Colors on a cloudy day

I walked The Dog this morning. I really need the exercise since I won't be able to start running again until New Year's Day. While I was out I saw a couple of things I thought might be interesting photos. So after I put the dog in the house, I grabbed my camera and went back out.

The morning sun was struggling to burn through the clouds. With some Photoshop magic I could restore some of the detail in these berries, but silhouetted branches against a gray background only goes so far.

So I made my own color and imagined a brick mural for the shapes I found. It took a little more work than simply selecting one on of Photoshop's effects, but it doesn't change the fact that the original image was just not very interesting.

Still there is no getting around the fact that abrading a photo with Photoshop's filters can strip the image down to its essence. The end result here is what I imagined when I took the photo.


But even on a cloudy day, reality can be bolder than any Photoshop tricks.

Day 17 of 365

No comments: