Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving: Running to stay warm

The Wife and I were up and out bright and early this morning to help out at the Run to Feed the Hungry in East Sacramento this morning. The event organizers said it would be cold and it sure was. The Wife bundled up in her parka and I put on enough layers to look like I had regained all of the weight I lost in the last year.

We were course monitors where the 10K run turns off Elvas onto Coloma, just past the 5 mile mark. I heard there were something like 30,000 people who participated in the event. Not all of them ran the 10K, but when the bulk of the runners arrived at our location it sure looked like several thousand were in our event. It got so thick for a while that the runners overflowed their lane and completely stopped traffic.


The Wife thinks I should run in the race next year. Perhaps. I could warm up with the Komen breast cancer 5K (I walked it with The Wife last year) and then do the Run To Feed The Hungry 10K. Or maybe I'll just monitor with The Wife again.

In any event, I'll bring gloves. It was really cold.

No comments: