Monday, November 2, 2009

Goals for November

I got the idea of posting my goals from Maya, a local blogger I've followed since I first started exploring the regional blogosphere for The Sacramento Bee three years and 13 weeks ago give or take a week. I believe Maya has been blogging for a decade or more. I don't mind modeling my ideas on a real pro like her.

Unfortunately, I'm not real good with goals. When I was younger I would say things like: "By the time I'm 30 I want to be settled in a career on a major daily paper.

Interestingly, I don't remember what I wanted to achieve by my 40th birthday, but I do remember that I was late a couple of years. Now as I see the approach of my 60th birthday in a couple of years, I'm bereft of long range goals.

But Maya's goals are for just a month. I can do that. I can make something up.
  1. Run at least five days a week. (I made all 7 last week after missing a full week because of calf muscle pull in my right leg.)
  2. Revise my resume. (I need one for writing proposals and one for web building.)
  3. Get accounts at freelancer job sites. (Both writing and web building)
  4. Write something daily that's not job-related. (NoBloPoM0, the cop-out for those of too limited skills to participate in National Novel Writing Month. )
  5. Find something to do outside the house on at least three workdays. (I will save my explanation of "Barnsour" for another day.)
  6. Don't take the car out of the garage for at least three days a week. (This is a throwback to my Transitarian days. Mondays I can ride the bus to American River College and get a two-fer. On the other "outside" days I can take the car, but I'll be looking for bus more ideas.)
  7. ...
And that's as far I've gotten on my lunch break today.

No comments: