Sunday, November 22, 2009

Saturday on Sunday

The last thing I remember as I drifted off to sleep Saturday night was the realization that I had not written a blog post. For the month of November I had managed one post each day, although I did postdate one entry a few minutes.

I considered getting up and churning something out. But the bed had already grown warm and the cats had already settled at my feet, one on each side. The desire to fulfill my vow to write once a day just couldn't overcome my need to sleep.

So here I am Sunday morning writing the first of what will be two posts today. I got up at 6:45 a.m. with the idea of running more than my regular 2.5 miles. I ran 3.5 yesterday. I had a 5 mile route in mind when I started. But when I reached the go, no-go point, the Rubicon, which in my route is actually named Winston Way, I chose my weekday route so I would have time to write this before going out this morning to meet friends for breakfast.

My new goal is to smile more often. To help me, I'm going to get one of these:

happiness hat from Lauren McCarthy on Vimeo.

No comments: