Monday, November 30, 2009

30 days

Thirty days hath September,
April, June, and November;
All the rest doesn't matter. I've completed National Blog Posting Month.

Cheated once, missed the daily requirement once. Not perfect, but not bad. Of course the made-up quality of many of the posts lowered the overall quality of the effort, but that's what happens when you set an arbitrary deadline. A news editor I once worked with early in my career pointed out that even the best columnists have as many misses as hits, especially back in the day when it was not uncommon for writers to produce on a daily basis.

So now I'm freed of the artificial requirement that I say something. I still want to post at least something daily. Perhaps knowing I can skip a day will free my creative instincts.

Or not. For now I have to rush to get ready to catch my bus to American River College for my Adobe Illustrator class tonight.

Below is a video that was part of a larger collection of free music. The artist reminds me of my youth, a time way back when Joni Mitchell sang of Ladies of the Canyon.

No comments: