Friday, November 13, 2009

The Little Fib

OK. I cheated. This wasn't posted Saturday Friday. I back dated it. But it was close. Just a little fib. (UPDATE: Writing after midnight doesn't help my writing.)

I spent most of the evening playing with Adobe Illustrator. I have a homework assignment where I'm supposed to create my own monster car from a sketch. I was originally going to cheat and use a picture of monster Smart car.


But then I was doodling before bed the other night and come up with this.
I've gotten this far in turning it into an Illustrator file.

This is too much fun to be work. That's why I never took art in school. Art was fun. I figured I had to suffer in as a Science major to get a real education. When I discovered I didn't have enough math talent to continue as a Science major the whole foundation of what I thought I was doing in school collapsed. I ended up spending the final year of high school between the beach and lost weekends of drugs and alcohol.

And that's how I ended up in the U.S. Navy, where, while writing letters home from the Gulf of Tonkin, I discovered that maybe I could be a journalist.

Should have stuck to art, although I probably don't have a real aptitude. It's just fun.

No comments: