Thursday, January 4, 2007

Thursday blog watching

10:46 a.m.: More than 100 blogs in the queue. Of those, 48 are political.
11:28 a.m.: Finally clear.

Google Reader now offers some interesting stats on the blogs I watch. As far as I have been able to learn, I can't automatically share this info. Until I figure out how to share, I will periodically include screen captures of the charts that Google Reader produces. See this story.

3:10 p.m.: 52 more blog posts in the queue.
3:32 p.m.: cleared.

As if my self-esteem as my employer's principal blog-watcher isn't low enough already, I get to edit and publish this opinion from a co-worker:

The initial source of Boxer's concern was the blogosphere, that sometimes subterranean sewer of suspect journalism, where reputation-besmirching rumor runs rampant.

Thank you very much.

On a lighter note, the Washington Post includes dynamic content with its articles, including a listing of who is blogging about an article. ipsoSacto was credited and linked to in this article. Since this is "dynamic" content, I suspect ipsoSacto's 15 seconds of fame will have expired by the time anyone follows that link back.

This evening I added a "Last updated..." line for the main blog sharing. Eventually I'll automate this time clock I'm keeping.

10:50 p.m.: 51 blog posts in the queue.
11:13 p.m.: queue empty.

Stupid Lakers. Stupid Kings. Stupid NBA basketball.

My wife was at the Kings game vs. the Lakers. I watched just the last two minutes and the overtime. I missed the Kings come-from-behind race to take the lead and instead got to watch the team self-destruct. It must be very frustrating to be a Kings fan. I'll stick to English football.

 

No comments: