Sunday, January 14, 2007

The lost Sunday

More than 18 hours between updates. If I were really working on something that actually mattered, if the blog watch project was watched by more than one individual, I might have someone to worry about, someone who wondered why 18 hours had gone by without an update. Instead, I just fret alone. I'm another step closer to abandoning this concept and settling for something I do just because I've found it fun.

At 6:13p.m., Google Reader reports 85 blog posts piled up in the queue.
7:09p.m. done

Part of this lost Sunday was spent in Midtown, first waiting for a table at Fox and Goose and then instead waiting at the Cornerstone Cafe. I've eaten before at Fox and Goose, but not at Cornerstone. I enjoyed the old school diner atmosphere.

What was the most interesting about the morning were the crowds. The streets were busy with traffic everywhere and at each restaurant we saw people waiting to get in. In 1989 I lived downtown in an apartment across from the Crocker Museum. Weekends were a surreal experience. It was like living two days a week in an abandoned city. Of course, that is what downtown Sacramento was then. Today, the city of Sacramento is a much livelier venue.

 

No comments: