Thursday, January 18, 2007

The joy of blog watching

It is clear that the grand ideas that prompted the creation of this site have evaporated under the sunlight of reality. Just ain't gonna happen. But all is not lost. I still have the Sunday Forum Blog Watch column and after this week's candidates (Click Here ), I'm really inspired to continue. At least that's how it feels now. In February, when the staff cutbacks hit, my enthusiasm may go the way of my grand ideas.

Today, it's onward. Cleared the blog queue by 11:30 a.m.

Afternoon backlog: 59 posts but the day job got in the way of clearing things out. By the end of the shift there are 60 blog posts in the queue at 6:15 p.m.

Sometimes I share what I find with the big guys, the ones who are required to sweat over the future of newspapers. I sent this note tonight:

In all of the dispute over the role of MSM vs. outside sources it's always important to keep things in perspective, which is best done with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

While puzzling over that, read this.

Now it's time to call it a day. Signing off at 6:56p.m.

 

No comments: