Tuesday, April 13, 2010

jomariFILMS

When I'm not pretending to be a photographer, I split my time between part-time jobs and entrepreneurial musings.

This entrepreneurial thing is really new for me. After all, I worked nearly 28 years for the same company doing essentially the same job, all the while knowing exactly what was expected of me. Like magic, the money was directly deposited in my checking account.

Not that I haven't had some ideas before. I started building and managing websites for The Kid's soccer clubs when he was a preteen and used that work to gain skills in website construction that I marketed to small businesses.

Anyway, the other day one of my clients was telling me how she wanted to create a promotional video that would be fun while letting her customers know about a wellness service she offers.

This is the business end of the camera that set me back $5000.

This is my artful portrait of The Kid at work on the video.

Like this combo image, the idea I had was to combine The Kid's talent at filming and editing with some semi-pro equipment and enter the market for budget promotional videos.

You can watch the final product here. The Kid's other video work can be found under his nom de plume, Shughe

So, of course, the new film effort needed a logo . . .

. . . and The Kid needed business cards.




Some slides from the production.


Day 125 of 365

No comments: