Thursday, February 11, 2010

For the birds

Meanwhile, back at the river . . .

The leader and the clown. Even in the animal kingdom, some guys never grow up.

Orientation. Shift the frame of reference and the mind plays perception games. I see the skulls of cattle that always signaled danger when found on the trail in cowboy movies of my youth.

I know less about birds than I do about flowers. (We're getting really close to the problem caused when you try to divide by zero.) I need some here help putting a name to these birds. Comments welcome. They had the oddest, metallic squawk.


Visions of speed while standing still.

And then I get lucky. I must have shot a dozen photos attempting to catch these guys in flight. It's not the sharpest image, but it works for me.

Day 64 of 365

No comments: