Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Birds and the bees, starting with the bees

A three-foot by three-foot planter around a tree in a neighbor's front yard is a riot of color. A riot.

Said The Flower to The Bee, sorry, honey, I haven't shaved my legs.

Crepe paper and kiwi. Well, that's what it looks like. Nothing looks real after I've run the colors through my Photoshop blender.

So I'm thinking there must be stigma in a flattop over your style when trying to look your best for those flighty pollinators. (See this explanation.)

"A heptagram or septegram is a seven-pointed star drawn with seven straight strokes." "In general, a heptagram is any self-intersecting heptagon." And, most important, "The artist/band Marilyn Manson has used the heptagram in several of his logos and on the official website." This explains a lot.

Don Johnson and the lady in the bar. Do you suppose anyone else remembers the Don Johnson shadow look? The Wife doubts it.

Which brings me to another point: I don't know beans about flowers. I would love to have someone help by identifying the flowers I post. Anonymous comments gladly accepted.

Day 55 of 365

No comments: