Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And the winner is . . .

Once upon a time, back when I worked at The Bee, I suggested to the editor of what was then Cal Life that the paper ought to have a reader contest to identify the best front yard gardens. I figured this would be a great way to get readers invested in the paper, a great way to create "unique content" that couldn't be found anywhere else. The only rule would be that the garden must be visible from the sidewalk. I imagined Cal Life doing something like the paper does for Christmas lights, with a map and all. Readers could upload their own photos of the gardens and locate the area on a map.

"That's a great idea," the editor told me.

But nothing ever came of it.

So for the next several days I'm going to feature photos from a front yard garden like no other in my neighborhood. I should have take some overall pictures instead of my standard closeups. But after a few days, I think you'll agree that the range of flowers and colors is gorgeous.





Day 111 of 365

No comments: