Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday of the blogs

Since I -- gasp -- didn't work at home on the blogs, it's now more than 12 hours since I last cleared out Google Reader. I had 96 posts to sort at 10:26 a.m., and it was 11:15 before I finished.

Of course, I was delayed by the need to post this comment: Everyone knows the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42. I also had to watch a squirrel waterski and an orchestra perform the James Bond movie theme with Santa Claus.

By 2:18 p.m. another 23 blog posts had piled up in the queue. They were cleared by 2:43, delayed a bit with office gossip.

Favorite phrase from a blog: woolgathering, used to describe the aimless daydreaming of a child who is NOT being productive. Off I go woolgathering.

Spent a couple of moments to install a Live Chat feature. This is powered by Crafty Syntax. I have used it before on other sites I've run. If you are looking for a free open source live chat plugin on a PHP-based web site, I highly recommend Crafty Syntax .

No rest for the wicked: 95 blogs in the queue at 10:40 and by 10:56 I was down to 58 when Firefox crashed. The cause: Jackie Christie's web site. That's Jackie and in Doug and Jackie Christie, the former Kings couple. Oh, well. Finished for the night at 11:16 p.m.

Google Reader started dishing up blog posts from 2005. This happens occasionally. I'm unsure whether it's Google Reader's bug or a bug on the server dishing up the feed. In any event, the blog posts are "dated" as if they are only minutes old. A bit annoying. If you ever find a year-old post shared, that will be the culprit.

No comments: