Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Vote early, vote often

An odd pattern has developed in the Blog Watch voting for the blog posts to be included in the Sunday Forum newspaper article.

People don't rate each post. I understood the guy who voted for one post (gave it a 5) and against two others (gave them 1s), but he left unranked the remaining posts. The rest of the voters are just rating one post and ignoring the rest.

Now, I will confess that since I created the voting system I am able to vote as many times as I need to get the result I want. (Think Florida 2000 on a more blatant, if less significant, level.) But that is no reason for visitors to miss the opportunity to pretend their vote counts in the selection of the blogs to be featured in Sunday's column.

Here's an opportunity to vote early and vote often. Every vote counts. Some votes are just more equal than others.

No comments: