Tuesday, February 27, 2007

ipsoSacto trouble

10 a.m.: Just got to work and checked ipsoSacto. Something is delaying the loading of the pages. I can reach the server and access the database, so I know it's not the server itself.

I suppose I might be under some sort of Denial Of Service attack directed specifically at ipsoSacto.com, but I can't check that from work. Otherwise it might be one of the modules locking up.

UPDATE at 11:47 a.m.: I've disabled the site. After the last trouble I had with the server, I turned off the features that allowed me to remotely access the basic operating system. (Didn't want to invite more trouble.) As a result, I won't be able to determine what is going on until late tonight.

I'm hoping this is a temporary problem. But it is looking more like someone doesn't want this site accessible.

UPDATE at 12:24 p.m.: I've turned the site back on. Appears the problem has disappeared -- for now. It there are more problems, I will post updates here. Tonight I will do some exploring and see if I can determine what went wrong.

No comments: